In the perfect world every house would have a dog and every dog a home.”
This pretty much says it all. Our goal is to donate as much money as possible through our sales to animal rescue causes and shelters so every dog, cat and other four legged friend has the opportunity to be healthy, happy and find their own perfect home. And that their new owners gain the incomparable privilege of having a new best friend.
We’ve all heard the harrowing statistics – one that resonates the most with us is that over four million dogs alone enter shelters in the US every year. And if you’ve ever walked through a shelter and seen those sad, yet willful, eyes looking back at you, you’ll understand exactly why FourLegged Creative was started.
We wanted a way for animal lovers to show their four legged friends their support… stylishly… with great t-shirts, tote bags and more. Plus, with six animals between the two of us, we don’t have room to adopt any more so we had to come with a new plan!
Please check back here often as we’ll update you with our donation list as well as spotlight shelters and causes we support. And if you have a shelter or cause you’d like to recommend, we’d love to hear about it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us all why they should be the next cause on our list!
And the next time you are looking to adopt a dog or cat, purebred or mutt, check out your local shelter or rescue group – they need our support!
With each product you purchase, a portion of our proceeds will be donated to one of the great organizations listed below.
• Ahimsa House. Ahimsa House is dedicated to helping the human and animal victims of domestic violence reach safety together. www.ahimsahouse.org
• Animal Action Rescue. Animal Action Rescue is dedicated to the rescue of animals from high kill shelters, promoting spay/neuter programs, and providing education for each pet they place. www.animalactionrescue.org
• DREAM Dachshund Rescue, Education, Awareness and Mentoring. An all-donation supported, all-volunteer rescue that provides a home for abandoned or unwanted dachshunds or dachshund mixes on their way to finding a permanent and loving home. www.dreamrescue.org
• PAWS Atlanta. The mission of PAWS Atlanta, Inc. is to provide shelter, food and medical care for abandoned pets, and ensure they are placed in safe, loving homes. www.pawsatlanta.org
• Texas Alaskan Malamute Rescue. A volunteer nonprofit organization dedicated to Alaskan Malamutes’ welfare that provides local assistance through dog rescue, adoption, foster, and owner education services. www.texalmal.org
• Diamond Dachshund Rescue of Texas. An all volunteer group in the heart of Texas that is dedicated to the health, welfare and happiness of our dachshund friends. www.ddrtx.org
• PAWS Chicago. Chicago’s largest No Kill humane organization, focused on implementing solutions to end the killing of homeless pets. Since its founding in 1997, the number of homeless dogs and cats killed annually has dropped more than 50 percent! www.pawschicago.org
• Humane Society of New York. For over 100 years, the Humane Society of New York has been a presence in New York City, caring for animals in need when illness, injury or homelessness strikes. www.humanesocietyny.org
• Alabama Boston Terrier Rescue. ABTR is a non-profit organization dedicated to the welfare of the Boston Terrier dog breed and mixes, serving the Southeast, including Alabama, Georgia, Florida Panhandle, Tennessee, Mississippi, and North Carolina. www.abtr.org
• Good Mews Cat Shelter. Good Mews provides a no-kill, cage-free haven for homeless, abused, or abandoned cats until placing them in permanent, loving homes, with an average adoption rate of approximately 5 cats per week. www.goodmews.org
• Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue. Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue’s mission is to rescue and protect Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and has rescued over 1200 Cavaliers since their beginning. www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org
• MidAtlantic Bulldog Rescue. MidAtlantic Bulldog Rescue’s mission is to help bulldogs in need in NJ/NY/Pennsylvania/Delaware/Maryland. They provide the care, time and love the dogs need until they find their appropriate forever home. www.midatlanticbulldogrescue.com